The Happening at NUHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Happening at NUHS

A forum to discuss things happening at North Union High School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tops Standards and Regulations

Go down 
+6
Mom
The Smart Drummer
blondepitcher
curtsy22
THEDr.Pepper
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tops Standards and Regulations Empty
PostSubject: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 am

Tops may be blouses, polo shirts, turtlenecks, dress shirts, sweaters, sweat shirts, and tee shirts.
* Shirts must have full sleeves (shoulders covered), show no cleavage, and be long enough to be tucked into pants. (No tops of net or other revealing materials unless worn over another presentable shirt).
* Tee-Shirts and sweatshirts should not have any phrases or sentences and no offensive or obscene or suggestive language or innappropriate graphics. Wildcat spirit wear and manufacturer logos or copyrighted brand names are permitted.
*Sports bras are not to be worn alone as a top or for the purpose of athletic practice or competitions.
*No hooded tops are permitted during the school day.
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
THEDr.Pepper

THEDr.Pepper

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Ahh.. see.. It just says "no hooded tops" are allowed. That means they don't care if our sweatshirts or jackets have pockets.
I don't get why they would not let us have hoods but still let us have sweatshirts with pockets? scratch
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:45 pm

THEDr.Pepper wrote:
Ahh.. see.. It just says "no hooded tops" are allowed. That means they don't care if our sweatshirts or jackets have pockets.
I don't get why they would not let us have hoods but still let us have sweatshirts with pockets? scratch

The reason that we are not allowing hooded tops is b/c of a safety issue. I guess kids pull on other kids' hoods. And then people try and hide their headphones during class.
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 am

they try to hide their headphones?? then tell them to take their hood off and not put it back up
Back to top Go down
The Smart Drummer

The Smart Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 11:42 am

I don't see what the problem is with t-shirts that have sayings on them.
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:52 pm

its only cuz different things are offensive to the teachers
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:00 pm

The Smart Drummer wrote:

Okay, as I said before on my previous post that got deleted. The problem with the T-shirts is that even though we find them funny, they aren't very approiate for school. But the concern that I have is why can't I wear my Christian T-shirt that promotes a college? Don't we want our future graduates to go to college?!?! Why can't I wear my "Volley for the Cure" T-shirt? These are all perfectly good shirts, and I have so many more like them.
Back to top Go down
Mom

Mom

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:56 am

curtsy22 wrote:
The Smart Drummer wrote:

Okay, as I said before on my previous post that got deleted. The problem with the T-shirts is that even though we find them funny, they aren't very approiate for school. But the concern that I have is why can't I wear my Christian T-shirt that promotes a college? Don't we want our future graduates to go to college?!?! Why can't I wear my "Volley for the Cure" T-shirt? These are all perfectly good shirts, and I have so many more like them.

Agreed. however. We aren't aloud to wear shirts with innapropreat saying and stuff on them now? they dont enforce it at all. I see people wear them all the
time, teachers see them, they just don't say squat to them about it. So why don't they enforce that rule and just let us wear shirts with funny sayings on them,
as long as they fit the giude lines. I don't see what's wrong with them really.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:47 pm

thats why they made it no sayings cuz some teachers don't find anything offensive and others do so they don't know where to draw the line
Back to top Go down
The Smart Drummer

The Smart Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:31 am

Well see that's the problem. Teachers need to learn the dress code that we have now and enforce it. If they enforced the dress code that we have now then this wouldn't be a problem. I don't see a problem with sayings on shirts. If a teacher thinks that a saying is offensive then they should say something. It's already in the dress code now that we can't wear offensive shirts. If we get rid of all sayings then I have to buy a new wardrobe because all my shirts pretty much have sayings on them.
Back to top Go down
Smoot106

Smoot106

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:07 pm

blondepitcher wrote:
its only cuz different things are offensive to the teachers

The reason the sayings have been banned in the proposal is because you cant police certain sayings. It is too complicated. If you ban ALL phrases it is so much easier to keep watch on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playlist.com/smoot03music
The Smart Drummer

The Smart Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Well I hope the school plans on buying everyone new clothes next year if they pass the new dress code!
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Thats a good one hahaha you wish! You could always turn your shirts inside out lol!
Back to top Go down
Marine4life
Marine4life

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:02 pm

u can`t see me wrote:
Thats a good one hahaha you wish! You could always turn your shirts inside out lol!

they probably wouldnt let you do that "Too unprofessional" lol
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:17 pm

haha well it was worth a try
Back to top Go down
MIKA=MY HERO!!!

MIKA=MY HERO!!!

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:32 pm

Hey The Smart Drummer i know you have that one green-ish christmas-y shirt that dosent have any words on it you could just wear that everyday. It might be a tad too warm in the spring, and a lil disgusting if you didnt wash it everyday, but that would solve the problem-lol. elephant
Back to top Go down
The Smart Drummer

The Smart Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 pm

MIKA=MY HERO!!! wrote:
Hey The Smart Drummer i know you have that one green-ish christmas-y shirt that dosent have any words on it you could just wear that everyday. It might be a tad too warm in the spring, and a lil disgusting if you didnt wash it everyday, but that would solve the problem-lol. elephant

I wouldn't be allowed to wear that shirt because it has a hood.
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 pm

you could just chop the hood off lol
Back to top Go down
The Smart Drummer

The Smart Drummer

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:05 pm

u can`t see me wrote:
you could just chop the hood off lol

Well then the shirt would look pretty stupid lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tops Standards and Regulations   Tops Standards and Regulations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tops Standards and Regulations
Page 1 of 1