The Happening at NUHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Happening at NUHS

A forum to discuss things happening at North Union High School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sunday Activities

Go down 
+6
MIKA=MY HERO!!!
2011b
curtsy22
blondepitcher
Marine4life
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:04 pm

I don't know much about this but it was a HOT topic at the policy committee meeting. Anyone want to fill me in. Preferrably unbiased because we want a two sided debate on this.
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
Marine4life
Marine4life

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:18 am

Admin wrote:
I don't know much about this but it was a HOT topic at the policy committee meeting. Anyone want to fill me in. Preferrably unbiased because we want a two sided debate on this.

Is it that hard to allow school facility use on a Sunday? I understand the money debate, but it wouldnt cost that much
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 am

its not only that but also because sunday is a day of worship so people don't need to go to the school but i don't know why it is that big of a problem
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 am

Before we get into the debate I need a base of information to let the readers know what exactly is going on. I had no idea this was a problem until last night.
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
Marine4life
Marine4life

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 am

Admin wrote:
Before we get into the debate I need a base of information to let the readers know what exactly is going on. I had no idea this was a problem until last night.

Same here
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:45 pm

I heard some things about it before, but I had no idea that the public was going to speak about it.

The thing that I got out of it was that they are trying to decide if they should open up the school to the public to use on a Sunday. The major problems with this though are:
*Parents getting mad because that is really the only day that they have their kids all to themselves.
*It is a day of worship.
*Even if practices are voluntary, coaches still look at who showed up. Which is making the kids choose between religion and sports.
*Also, another issue was whether or not they let competitions on Sunday go on (ex. Show Choir and Cheerleading).
*What about hosting a volleyball tournement to raise money???
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:46 pm

i don't think that people shoud be able to have mandatory practice or any practice for that matter
Back to top Go down
Marine4life
Marine4life

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:04 pm

blondepitcher wrote:
i don't think that people shoud be able to have mandatory practice or any practice for that matter

So just show up and play for everything, right? That might work in your sports but they sure as heck dont in mine
Back to top Go down
2011b

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:32 pm

Marine4life wrote:
blondepitcher wrote:

So just show up and play for everything, right? That might work in your sports but they sure as heck dont in mine

she's saying that you shouldn't have mandatory or any practices on sundays. which i agree with because for some people it's a religious day, and for other people, like me, it's a free day to do whatever you chose. i live for sundays.
Back to top Go down
Marine4life
Marine4life

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 pm

2011b wrote:
Marine4life wrote:
blondepitcher wrote:

she's saying that you shouldn't have mandatory or any practices on sundays. which i agree with because for some people it's a religious day, and for other people, like me, it's a free day to do whatever you chose. i live for sundays.

it was just the way she worded it, some people may take it the wrong way
Back to top Go down
MIKA=MY HERO!!!

MIKA=MY HERO!!!

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:06 pm

A while ago i heard some teacher say "Sunday was the day for the students/teachers/coaches to take a break because they've been working hard all week. And if we did do things on sunday it would take away from that and eventually have an efect on the students acedemic performance"...or whatever. I think they should just make it not-mandatory so i dont have to participate if i decide to be lazy on sunday. elephant
Back to top Go down
courtney

courtney

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 pm

MIKA=MY HERO!!! wrote:
A while ago i heard some teacher say "Sunday was the day for the students/teachers/coaches to take a break because they've been working hard all week. And if we did do things on sunday it would take away from that and eventually have an efect on the students acedemic performance"...or whatever. I think they should just make it not-mandatory so i dont have to participate if i decide to be lazy on sunday. elephant

so why is everyone "debating" when we're all on the same page? lol.
Back to top Go down
THEDr.Pepper

THEDr.Pepper

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:42 am

We're not really debating yet... just stating facts.
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:38 pm

The board stated that practices could not be held mandatory which means athletes couldnt be punished for not showing up. I think we should leave it the way it is because ppl dont show up to sunday activities now!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Location : Somewhere between personal attacks and fed up with ppl

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 pm

lets get 1 thing straight. at the board meeting IF they were to open up the facility on sunday NO practices would b allowed. Rick said this himself... he was talking about opening it for other things. He mentioned using the parking lot for car shows or league ball. Clubs are always looking for gyms to use, im in club v/b and i have to travel a long ways to get use of gyms. if we opened up our gym 4 use then it would be awesome to have a game so close.....

so just clearing it up no practices allowed... Just other activities that other ppl would like to use the gym/grounds for Smile
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:35 pm

you're not going to hold a tournement at the school and besides the practice for those things are usually at the gyms closest to the coaches or their daughters.... just cuz its open doesn't mean it would be used
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Location : Somewhere between personal attacks and fed up with ppl

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am

I bet you 10000000000000000. bucks that if the NUHS gym was opened on sunday a tourny will be held there. Club v/b is always looking for schools to host... and considering we already have a practice gym (THRU THE WEEK) we would only use it for tournys..... also considering we travel 2-2 1/2 hours away im pretty sure that one that is lets say 30 min away from every1 else they would rather choose that 1. thhhhhpppt! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunday Activities Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Activities   Sunday Activities Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday Activities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Happening at NUHS :: School Related Sunday Activities :: Sunday Activities-
Jump to: