The Happening at NUHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Happening at NUHS

A forum to discuss things happening at North Union High School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Committee Members

Go down 
+7
vivalavida
nu sis
MIKA=MY HERO!!!
@5h!3y_10
blondepitcher
Smoot106
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 pm

Attention all viewers! Listen UP! Do NOT go around attacking members of the Campuswear committee. There are two high school students, and two middle school students who went to represent the students of the district. And God forbid that anyone says ANYTHING about them or the parents who served on this committee. The community members got their chance to be chosen. All they had to do was sign up and hope to get picked. Those people represented the rest of the community. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have expressed your opinion at the right time or expressed it a little more strongly. Everyone has their own opinions. Remember that.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
Smoot106

Smoot106

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Admin wrote:
Attention all viewers! Listen UP! Do NOT go around attackig members of the Campuswear committee. There are two high school students, and two middle school students who went to represent the students of the district. And God forbid that anyone says ANYTHING about them or the parents who served on this committee. The community members got their chance to be chosen. All they had to do was sign up and hope to get picked. Those people represented the rest of the community. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have expressed your opinion at the right time or expressed it a little more strongly. Everyone has their own opinions. Remember that.

Yes please! Look Tyne and I represented the high school well. not everyone can get EVRY SINGLE THING they wanted. There had to be compromises. There were some attacks made at tyne powers at the Policy Committee meeting by a certain girl. Whether she was joking or not it doesn't matter. She said what she said. She will probably get in a little trouble. So yeah don't go for our throats because there will be consequences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playlist.com/smoot03music
blondepitcher

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:50 pm

o brother yell back lol
Back to top Go down
Smoot106

Smoot106

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Um I usualy try to be the more mature person and NOT yell back. There are other ways to get your point across
Back to top Go down
@5h!3y_10

@5h!3y_10

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:49 pm

[quote="Smoot106"]Um I usualy try to be the more mature person and NOT yell back. There are other ways to get your point across[/quote]

HAHA lol! Yeah Yelling back at someone is like so Immature
Back to top Go down
blondepitcher

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:43 pm

i wasn't talking about you anyway and i was kidding have a sense of humor
Back to top Go down
MIKA=MY HERO!!!

MIKA=MY HERO!!!

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Thats what you get when you decide to be on the dress code committee, getting verbally abused is your own fault. elephant
Back to top Go down
nu sis

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Attention all viewers! Listen UP! Do NOT go around attacking members of the Campuswear committee. There are two high school students, and two middle school students who went to represent the students of the district. And God forbid that anyone says ANYTHING about them or the parents who served on this committee. The community members got their chance to be chosen. All they had to do was sign up and hope to get picked. Those people represented the rest of the community. If you don't like it, then maybe you should have expressed your opinion at the right time or expressed it a little more strongly. Everyone has their own opinions. Remember that.

I know many of you are upset at how the campuswear/ dress code situation is looking. But please do not harrass the committeee members. I live with one of the members, have a brother in the high school and am a NU grad. I have seen first hand how nasty this has become and everyone needs to get a grip on thier feelings.

There is a simple way to solve all of the dress code issues:
1) Parents: take a look at what you kids are wearing before they go to school
and
2) Students: please just follow the dress code that is already in place - you should not be showing boobs, butts, or under wear, if it is questionable - don't wear it
and cell phones are not to be used in class and if you are dumb enough to, you deserve to do the time for it (and don't think this changes when you go to college - you have to turn off you cell and place it on your desk were the professor can see it!)
and
3) Administrators: do your job. You are the ones who are responsible for sending students to the office to be disciplined - so do it. Don't let the students slide by on a warning. Show that you are going to enforce the rules.
Back to top Go down
vivalavida

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 pm

MIKA=MY HERO!!! wrote:
Thats what you get when you decide to be on the dress code committee, getting verbally abused is your own fault. elephant

I'm pretty sure the MS and HS students on the committee were asked by their principals to help out and represent the whole student body. They actually probably spoke up and helped us NOT be forced into uniforms which was the original plan! Would we rather have our only choices be dress pants & belts, orange or black polo shirts or vests? We wouldn't even have to worry if our jeans had holes or rips or what our shirts said, flip flops or even about hoodies....because we wouldn't be allowed to wear them at all! These guys are just four kids sitting around a table with 12 adults. How much influence do you think they really had?

I don't think anyone should be screaming at the moms on the committee either. Would you want anyone saying stuff to your mom when she was just trying to be active in the school and stand up for something she believes? We don't know what they reall believed or what they really said because we weren't there. I doubt any of them said hey lets waste hours of our time sitting around a table. Everyone's parents had a chance to be on the committee, they just had to write their name down at the first meeting that lots of us went to.

I know at least 3 of them were against uniforms and from what I heard really stood up against some of what was proposed during their meetings. The other mom I don't know, but again, one person probably didn't make all of the recommendations.

If you want to see what they saw at Galion City Schools that saved us from having uniforms go to www.galion-city.k12.oh.us and click on campus wear. See what they have to wear to school and what their rules are! If you listened at the meeting, the committee actually SAVED us from getting uniforms because this summer the board said they were in favor of uniforms. So, they formed this committee I personally would rather still be able to wear jeans and t-shirts than khakis and the same color shirt everyday. If we complain too much about little things, the board may just say forget it and force uniforms on us. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Location : Somewhere between personal attacks and fed up with ppl

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 8:33 am

Yes please! Look Tyne and I represented the high school well. not everyone can get EVRY SINGLE THING they wanted. There had to be compromises. There were some attacks made at tyne powers at the Policy Committee meeting by a certain girl. Whether she was joking or not it doesn't matter. She said what she said. She will probably get in a little trouble. So yeah don't go for our throats because there will be consequences.[/quote]

WOW ok i said something to Tyne. This is not a personal attack but seriously does she have to complain about everything? Just about every person was angry at Tyne when she spoke for the dress code. And i do not see A certain mom that tried to sway her getting remeed for saying something.
Ive had a really bad week ne 1 who knows me knows that.... Ur a committee member to help put the "Student" point of veiw in the dress code.. and The girl HS committee didnt do that
Back to top Go down
Smoot106

Smoot106

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 9:59 am

WOW ok i said something to Tyne. This is not a personal attack but seriously does she have to complain about everything? Just about every person was angry at Tyne when she spoke for the dress code. And i do not see A certain mom that tried to sway her getting remeed for saying something.
Ive had a really bad week ne 1 who knows me knows that.... Ur a committee member to help put the "Student" point of veiw in the dress code.. and The girl HS committee didnt do that[/quote]

Ok first of all you were not even in those meetings and you have no idea how much tyne fought tooth and nail for every peice of clothing in a girls closet there is. But she is only one in 14 members and so she didnt have all the power to do what she wanted. And just to let you know she didnt complain about you saying anything to her. Several people saw you do it. Myself included.
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:24 am

Ok first of all you were not even in those meetings and you have no idea how much tyne fought tooth and nail for every peice of clothing in a girls closet there is. But she is only one in 14 members and so she didnt have all the power to do what she wanted. And just to let you know she didnt complain about you saying anything to her. Several people saw you do it. Myself included.[/quote]

WELL since it was only Tyne and I outside I doubt u saw anything...
And for her fighting tooth and nail she sure supported it and showed her true colors up infront of that mic..
Also She was soooo disrespectful to Auds mom...and she wasnt even trying to b mean just saying something to her...
But yes lets all treat 1 student like shes a queen.
Back to top Go down
Smoot106

Smoot106

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:14 pm

nojadednt wrote:
WELL since it was only Tyne and I outside I doubt u saw anything...
And for her fighting tooth and nail she sure supported it and showed her true colors up infront of that mic..
Also She was soooo disrespectful to Auds mom...and she wasnt even trying to b mean just saying something to her...
But yes lets all treat 1 student like shes a queen.

Ok I DID see something because I was walking out the doors when you did it and there was someone else with me who saw it and they were the one that reported it to both Mr. Smith and Mr. Burggraf. She supported the proposal because it was the best thing that we could come up with that gave the students the most of what they wanted. It was the best option compared to all the others. And personally I think Auds mom was dissrespectful because we all gave her our attention and didn't interrupt when she was talking but yet when someone else that had a different opinion than she did was talking she wanted to interject her opinion. How would you like someone to interrupt you when you were trying to prove a point? Even if she wasn't trying to be mean it was still disrespectful. And obviously you seem to be the only one who thinks that Tynes a queen bcuz ur the only one to say that so far.........
Back to top Go down
vivalavida

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:20 pm

nojadent wrote: "WOW ok i said something to Tyne. This is not a personal attack but seriously does she have to complain about everything? Just about every person was angry at Tyne when she spoke for the dress code. And i do not see A certain mom that tried to sway her getting remeed for saying something. Ive had a really bad week ne 1 who knows me knows that.... Ur a committee member to help put the "Student" point of veiw in the dress code.. and The girl HS committee didnt do that[/quote]"
"And for her fighting tooth and nail she sure supported it and showed her true colors up infront of that mic..
But yes lets all treat 1 student like shes a queen."

Sounds pretty personal to me.

The first rule of the forum should have been 'don't admit to anything immoral, illegal, unethical or insane in writing'!!! Embarrassing! Embarassed

Forum Rule #3... Take your cat fights to the real world. cat Clearly your issues with her run deeper than this stupid dress code thing. Let's move on.
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm

vivalavida wrote:

The first rule of the forum should have been 'don't admit to anything immoral, illegal, unethical or insane in writing'!!! Embarrassing! Embarassed

Forum Rule #3... Take your cat fights to the real world. cat Clearly your issues with her run deeper than this stupid dress code thing. Let's move on.

I agree. Thank you. We are all entitled to our own opinions. And we can say whatever we feel. And apparently this student hasn't gotten in trouble yet either...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 4:24 pm

ya go viva! and curtsy22 you're right about her not getting in trouble but the right people know about it.
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
u can`t see me

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Everyone is goin to hav an opinion but the hard part is ignoring criticism. yes dress code sux but life sux and ur stuck with it. I wouldnt be pointing anyone out on this btw because more people read this than you think. how low can u go
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am

Forum Rule #3... Take your cat fights to the real world. cat Clearly your issues with her run deeper than this stupid dress code thing. Let's move on.[/quote]

It is personal.... And 1st off im not the 1 who started a topic about 2 ppl 2 discuss. The committee member has been a personal bully to me since grade school and if i say 1 word to her it is public knowledge. so excuse me for having to defend myself on a flipin' topic
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 11:59 am

Admin wrote:
ya go viva! and curtsy22 you're right about her not getting in trouble but the right people know about it.

OMG let it go already. i feel this whole topic is about Tyne and I's fued that every1 is stretching out for public debate!
Back to top Go down
tp=]

tp=]

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:17 am

nojadednt wrote:

It is personal.... And 1st off im not the 1 who started a topic about 2 ppl 2 discuss. The committee member has been a personal bully to me since grade school and if i say 1 word to her it is public knowledge. so excuse me for having to defend myself on a flipin' topic[/quote]

haha oh a personal bully since grade school?? as i recall you were the bully, but whatver that was more than five years ago! lets grow up and let it go. there is only tension between us when we want there to be. weve proved in government that we CAN get along.

not everyone one was mad at me after the meeting. i had a ton of adults that came up to me and told me how proud they were. and even the people that didnt agree completely with me, respected my opinion enough to shut up and not go around threatening me...

and as for those of you that think im a bad representative for the hs, think that alll you want. ive fought hard for us through the whole thing. but i dont have to prove myself to any of you.
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:21 am

who posts on christmas eve? must have been a sucky christmas eve hahaha[b]
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 am

what was the point of ur post??
Back to top Go down
tp=]

tp=]

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm

nojadednt wrote:
who posts on christmas? LMAO! must of been a sucky christmas then.....
\

i posted on christmas eve. and actually i had a GREAT christmas, i went to florida =]
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:28 pm

tp=] wrote:
i posted on christmas eve. and actually i had a GREAT christmas, i went to florida =]

I don't think that Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:17 am is Christmas Eve. As it says on your comment posted.
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:51 pm

hey guess what duck girl u posted on christmas eve bc u just upated yesterday to try to make a full of me but i kno wat u did and it did not work everyone is catching onto u and stop attcking me! u and tht curtsy thing are such terrorizors geez so haha haha hahahaha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Committee Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: Committee Members   Committee Members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Committee Members
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next