The Happening at NUHS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Happening at NUHS

A forum to discuss things happening at North Union High School.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The new TAD

Go down 
+3
tp=]
Smoot106
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Cheer09 posted on 1/13/08 about TAD. Here's what she wrote:

So this New and Improved TAD is ridiculous!!! The old TAD worked for everyone! Students had perfect attendance, stayed out of trouble and got decent grades. Teachers were not stressed up until the last minute trying to get grades updated. How can you exempt two exams of your choice if you are not sure what your final grade will be? I’m not blaming the teachers at all or the administrators such as Mr. Holman or Mr.Burggraf. I blame the school board! Why even ask student council for their opinions on a new TAD? The board didn't listen to any of it!!! If you have an A in the class both nine weeks why take the exam? Some people think we need to take exams in high school to prepare for college, but will any college class have a ten question multiple choice exam? NO!!!!!! High school exams are not anywhere close to the same level of difficulty as a college exam. If you already passed the class why even take your exam seriously? If you pass two of the three it really doesn’t matter! Studying for college exams takes weeks of perpetration not two days before just start looking over old tests and notes!!!! This New and supposedly Improved TAD is just foolish.

Well, opinions?
Back to top Go down
https://nuhs.forumotion.com
Smoot106

Smoot106

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Here Here! I agree completely. I hve not had to take one exam. I usually don't have to study for tests either. And I realize that once I get to college i'll be SOL because I won't have to do either. Having to take some exams is going to help some, but its just too stressfull to have to worry about whether or not I have to take exams and what my grades are. I've had to complain to 3 different teachers the past week because my grades fluctuated every day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.playlist.com/smoot03music
tp=]

tp=]

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:32 pm

i know, this new TAD is crazy! up until about a week ago i was under the assumption that it was your average over both nine weeks. that is what goes on your transcript so why shouldnt that be what counts?? if i wouldve known last nine weeks that it wasnt the average i wouldve pushed to have my ag grade be raised!!! now i can only exempt two because i had three b's and it has me super stressed!
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:59 pm

dude its crazy! who cares about my perfect attendence anymore, this is why i never missed school but now i say shove it! i dislike taking tests with a passion and im guessing almost everyone else does. Pretty sad staff didnt even understand the rules until a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
@5h!3y

@5h!3y

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm

u can`t see me wrote:
dude its crazy! who cares about my perfect attendence anymore, this is why i never missed school but now i say shove it! i dislike taking tests with a passion and im guessing almost everyone else does. Pretty sad staff didnt even understand the rules until a few days ago.

No Kidding....I hate taking tests and quizes! I know that I don't have perfect attendence, but I don't get into trouble. When I take test- I tend to study a little but then again when I don't study I believe that I do much better. I am not a striaght "A" student but I know that I try my hardest in everyclass just to pass. I think that the people who try hard should get credit as well..... but anyways I totally agree with u- the teachers and staff are just now understanding the new rules of TAD.
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Cheer09 posted on 1/13/08 about TAD. Here's what she wrote:

So this New and Improved TAD is ridiculous!!! The old TAD worked for everyone! Students had perfect attendance, stayed out of trouble and got decent grades. Teachers were not stressed up until the last minute trying to get grades updated. How can you exempt two exams of your choice if you are not sure what your final grade will be? I’m not blaming the teachers at all or the administrators such as Mr. Holman or Mr.Burggraf. I blame the school board! Why even ask student council for their opinions on a new TAD? The board didn't listen to any of it!!! If you have an A in the class both nine weeks why take the exam? Some people think we need to take exams in high school to prepare for college, but will any college class have a ten question multiple choice exam? NO!!!!!! High school exams are not anywhere close to the same level of difficulty as a college exam. If you already passed the class why even take your exam seriously? If you pass two of the three it really doesn’t matter! Studying for college exams takes weeks of perpetration not two days before just start looking over old tests and notes!!!! This New and supposedly Improved TAD is just foolish.

Well, opinions?

So first off this is the first year of high school that I have ever had to take any exam and I am a junior. I like how they are trying to get more kids to take the exams and get ready for college but come on. There are some classes out there that are just impossible to get A's in. Haha.
I have talked to a lot of the teachers and they didn't really understand the new rule. So when the kids had a question to ask they had no idea.
I think that if you have a A in the class for both 9 weeks you should be able to exempt that exam, and if you are on TAD you still get your two "golden tickets". Also, teachers should have a deadline for when grades should be put in so students know whether or not they have all A's and are not freting about it.
I study for tests and I always have. College exams are not going to be like high school ones. Like cheer09 said... college exams take a really long time to study and get prepared for not the week before or the same week even. It is so stressful trying to cram everything in!!!
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Location : Somewhere between personal attacks and fed up with ppl

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:42 am

I think that if you do work that 9 weeks it should be in progress book on the date the grades are due that way people can get credit. I had straight A's first 9 weeks. and all i needed was an A in Goverment 2ed 9 weeks and i could have exempted all of my exams cuz i wasn't on tad. If that goverment teacher would have put in the REPORT we wrote a flipin week ago in it would have brought me up. Also he weights the stupid crap. Why doesnt he just tell us that the test is going to belike 400 pts and make each question worth more. That would b better than making it 4.5 weight av.
Geezzy petes! if u do bad on 1 quiz and get A's on everything else your still going to get a B in that class! come on make it so we can actually pass
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:13 am

nojadednt wrote:
I think that if you do work that 9 weeks it should be in progress book on the date the grades are due that way people can get credit. I had straight A's first 9 weeks. and all i needed was an A in Goverment 2ed 9 weeks and i could have exempted all of my exams cuz i wasn't on tad. If that goverment teacher would have put in the REPORT we wrote a flipin week ago in it would have brought me up. Also he weights the stupid crap. Why doesnt he just tell us that the test is going to belike 400 pts and make each question worth more. That would b better than making it 4.5 weight av.
Geezzy petes! if u do bad on 1 quiz and get A's on everything else your still going to get a B in that class! come on make it so we can actually pass

I agree with you on the topic of that he needs to stop weighting things. I mean a 20 question vocabulary quiz is worth 100 points. That is a test! No matter how hard I try in that class, it's always the weighting that brings me down.
Back to top Go down
nojadednt

nojadednt

Location : Somewhere between personal attacks and fed up with ppl

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am

[/quote] I agree with you on the topic of that he needs to stop weighting things. I mean a 20 question vocabulary quiz is worth 100 points. That is a test! No matter how hard I try in that class, it's always the weighting that brings me down.[/quote]

Did u just call urself fat?!
Your not fat coll
ur skinny
Back to top Go down
curtsy22
curtsy22

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 am

nojadednt wrote:
Did u just call urself fat?!
Your not fat coll
ur skinny

no I was calling my quizzes fat. lol haha!
Back to top Go down
u can`t see me

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 pm

but what are you calling quizzes then haha jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The new TAD Empty
PostSubject: Re: The new TAD   The new TAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new TAD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Happening at NUHS :: TAD :: TAD at the High School-
Jump to: